Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1998 slk230
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started hearing and feeling a rubbing kind of noise when making turns. Trying so hard to convince myself I was imagining it, it just got worse till I couldn't do that any more.

Just wanted to thank everyone here who posts, after doing searches I decided that no, my wheels weren't about to fall off, and to change out my steering fluid.

It was nasty let me tell you! I've done it twice now, but it really made all the difference in the world after just the first time. So anyone else who has this problem, do this first. It's easy too. I had a mini-evacuator to do the job, so the hardest part was going to the dealer to buy the steering fluid. I'll do it again a few days just to make sure it's good to go.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1999 SLK230 Kompressor
332 Posts
Glad to know that solution worked for you. I was having a similar noise when I turned the steering wheel but it was not the tires; did the steering fluid change and it alleviated the noise a bit but not entirely, so now I guess I will follow your example and do fluid change again.

Thanks for the post. I was afraid I may have to live with the noise and that it might get worse and worse [yikes].

1 - 2 of 2 Posts