Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML320; 2003 S500 4Matic; 2004 ML500; 2008 ML350
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone knows the part number for the honeycomb style all weather rubber floor mats for the w164?

Attached is a picture of the mats.

Thanks so much,
SAM

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 ML350 BlueTEC
75 Posts
Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone knows the part number for the honeycomb style all weather rubber floor mats for the w164?

Attached is a picture of the mats.

Thanks so much,
SAM
It depends on which version you have. The floorpans vary. The Bluetec model takes a different set than the lesser equipped gas engine models. ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha you diesel owners. Ive got a 2008 ML 350, sorry to disappoint.

·
Registered
2010 ML350 BlueTEC
75 Posts
Hahaha you diesel owners. Ive got a 2008 ML 350, sorry to disappoint.
I only know because I bought the liners from the dealer only to find they didn't fit because the floorpans vary based on engine configuration. The parts guy wasn't aware of that. He is now. I now have liners that fit. :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very interesting. When I looked online, I found two different part numbers and two different prices. Of course on all of the Mercedes parts websites there are no pictures of the mats to verify. Needless to say, I'm quite confused and want to order the correct mats since Winter weather is brewing in the Northeast

·
Registered
2010 ML350 BlueTEC
75 Posts
Very interesting. When I looked online, I found two different part numbers and two different prices. Of course on all of the Mercedes parts websites there are no pictures of the mats to verify. Needless to say, I'm quite confused and want to order the correct mats since Winter weather is brewing in the Northeast
I bought mine from the dealer. My dealer runs a discount on mats this time of year. It was about the same price as buying McNeil mats online. McNeil makes the MB brand mats. Buying them from the dealer gets the same mat but with the Mercedes logo.

Ring the dealer up and ask if they'll make a deal.

I've always used black MB mats, even in my W203 with a light gray interior. I'm told the color matched ones look grubby in short order.

·
Registered
'11 C300
423 Posts
Factory Rubber Mats

I bought mine from Performance Products and if you are lucky enough to need grey like me they are only $68.99 a set! Black and beige are $97.99. They are factory. Had them in my '99 and '03 MLs and loved them so decided to go with them again in my '06 ML350. They fit perfectly. Not sure if the URL will show below. In case it doesn't try "performanceproducts4benz" in a search engine.

Mercedes® All Weather Mats - Mercedes Parts and Accessories

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, never thought about checking Performance Products. I need my floor mats in black and when I added them to my car, to my surprise, PP is doing 20% store wide until tomorrow night! That brought them to $78.39 which I'm incredibly happy about. My local dealer wanted $110 for them!

Thanks for the help everyone and happy motoring!
SAM

·
Registered
18 Posts
Whatever you do, don't buy these (honeycomb), they're horribly cheap and come apart on their own. I'm already on a 3rd set (warranty exchange). The first two sets, both front mats began to separate where the logo is and at the top, allowing water to seep through. I'm a car fanatic and take extra care of things, no clue why they break so easily. Plus, they literary feel cheap, especially when my Jaguar OEM rubber mats are 10x as thick and have held up for past 4 years.

·
Registered
'09 ML550, '12 BMW 650i Cab (lucky wife)
757 Posts
Whatever you do, don't buy these (honeycomb), they're horribly cheap and come apart on their own. I'm already on a 3rd set (warranty exchange). The first two sets, both front mats began to separate where the logo is and at the top, allowing water to seep through. I'm a car fanatic and take extra care of things, no clue why they break so easily. Plus, they literary feel cheap, especially when my Jaguar OEM rubber mats are 10x as thick and have held up for past 4 years.
I would also say don't buy them, but for a different reason. Snow and slush melt on the mats and then run off them onto the carpet, where the water seeps under the mats. From that point on the mats do nothing but stop the water from evaporating. I used the mats my first winter and the carpets got absolutely FILTHY under them. I then bought a set of "liners" -- moulded pieces that trap water and don't let it get onto the carpet -- and the problem is completely solved.

·
Registered
187 Posts
We originally had the mats in our car, after one winter the carpet was badly stained. We switched to the "pan" style and have had no problem since. I now have a set of mats for a 2008 ML320 CDI to sell to anyone who doesn't live in a snow area.

Jim W.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had my dealer throw them into the deal, so far no issues. It's not like I'm going to get into the car with my feet completely covered in snow or something.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I had my dealer throw them into the deal, so far no issues. It's not like I'm going to get into the car with my feet completely covered in snow or something.
My dealer threw them in, too. I threw them out. I couldn't even find anyone to give them to as it seems that every dealer throws them in with every deal.

You evidently get less snow than we do. And less salt, and less sand, and less dirt. And you probably don't have grey carpets, so you don't see how dirty they truly get.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very interesting points of view. I guess I'll try them out for a this years winter and see how they work. If I need to switch to the liners I will, but for now I'll just try the rubber mats.

·
Registered
'11 C300
423 Posts
I have had the honeycomb Benz rubber mats in three different MLs ('99, '03, '06) and have dealt with snow, salt, sand and mud with no problem. First two sets were black and this set is grey. With the recent snows I've been dealing with the grey mats do get dirty but I just throw them in the shower, scrub, rinse, dry and put them back in the car. I do knock the snow, sand, mud off my boots or shoes before I get in the car so I don't get a ton of junk on the mats. I love mine. I just didn't like the looks of the plastic pans.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I agree with ABenzGuy. I hate the look of the pans. So far so good with the honeycomb mats (been over a week and snow storm now). I don't have any complaints.

·
Registered
757 Posts
If you don't mind me asking where did you get the pans, as I am having the same issue with mats in my 2011 bt
weathertech.com

I see several people don't like the look of them. I can't imagine why, but each to his own.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts