Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my wheels of to swap them around the other day and noticed that the rubber stopper that are inside the front springs are broken.

How do i replace them and can I still drive as they are.

Code:
Your text here

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,981 Posts
paul j - 2/25/2005 1:53 AM

I took my wheels of to swap them around the other day and noticed that the rubber stopper that are inside the front springs are broken.

How do i replace them and can I still drive as they are.
What are you driving? Yes you can drive it.

·
Registered
1989 230GEL 5door
40 Posts
You can replace them though it is a job for someone with experience and the right tools. You will need to drop the front axle far enough to take out the springs. You do it by taking of the wheels while surporting the axle with axle stands. Then with a trolley jack you need to jack the car at the front on the chassis ( remember to remove you skid plate ).
Then after lifting the body you now need to drop axle to the ground using another trolley jack (after removing the axle stands). You can to assist in getting the springs out clamp them with a spring press to make things easier. The rubber stops bolt with a singular bolt in the centre. Be sure to use the part number on the rubber stop as there are variances. If the rubber is to damaged take the old part in with the VIN number of your car to the agents

Regards
Henri Crous

·
Registered
exgowner
126 Posts
those are the bump stops. as long as you aren't doing some serious articulation or hittihg potholes too hard, you are alright until you get new ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts