Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1962 Unimog 404
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran your mog up an RTI ramp? I know they are kinda pointless and they dont really prove anything. But I am curious as to how a Unimog would do. I want to show off the 404's skills. Should I put some weight in the back so it will flex better. You know the whole frame flex thing.

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
4,996 Posts
heres one being used as an RTI ramp. Will look for pics of mine on ramp and not being used as ramp

Attachments

·
Registered
'78 Mog 416.141 DoKa
3,404 Posts
I ramped my 416 once. Empty and with the swaybars connected, the rear wheel came off the ground almost immediately. Much humorous laughter followed, abruptly ceasing half way through the first real trail obstacle. Full locker capabilities and mega ground clearance trump sexy-flexy, any day !

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
4,996 Posts
Ok here are a couple pics pre coil over. Now I can actually drive off the ramp without leaving a tire. These pics are of a slightly modded suspension, but pretty close to a stock setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Sold the rti ramp. never got vid of it. Its pretty violent looking, but is fairly soft when your in the cab.

·
Registered
Past: '69 421, Present: '82 Pre-SEE 406
489 Posts
The rear springs are 6" lift Jeep TJ springs and the front are stock. The truck has long travel Rancho shocks all the way around.

Cheers,

Corey

·
Registered
mogless, except for my friends MB4-94. And a bunch of other diesel junk.
2,512 Posts
No RTI ramp, though there is a loading ramp nearby that I use to see how well the suspension flexes. My 416 will lift a front tire about 3' before the other end wants to lift a tire. That's with the soft troop carrier springs and no weight in the bed. Way better than any other stock truck I've ever seen.

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,105 Posts
No RTI ramp, though there is a loading ramp nearby that I use to see how well the suspension flexes. My 416 will lift a front tire about 3' before the other end wants to lift a tire. That's with the soft troop carrier springs and no weight in the bed. Way better than any other stock truck I've ever seen.
Pic's! We demand pic's! :bowdown:

·
Registered
mogless, except for my friends MB4-94. And a bunch of other diesel junk.
2,512 Posts
Right now I have the backhoe on so I doubt I could get 3" of flex. Thinking about it, I haven't ramped it since putting the 15.5 tires on, they will probably cost me some articulation. There is a loading ramp at my new shop, as soon as I get the HT11 off I'll flex it for some pics. Anyone want to guess how much flex these big tires cost me?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts