Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 MB C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 MB C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe (hatchback). I bought it used 4 weeks ago and everything passed inspections. Lately the engine seems to be really loud and the RPMS are going to 3.5-4.0 when I am going fairly slow. It seems to really jerk when it switches gears and the RPM goes really high without the car gaining much speed (I have an automatic transmission). I thought maybe I had it in winter mode but it is in "S" mode. IS there anything simple that could be causing this. Sometimes the RPM gets to 5 and really loud and I am scared I am going to blow the motor (when this happens I am not pressing the gas hard at all). please help!!!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i wouldn't worry about the engine as it is perfectly happy running to the redilne which is over 6k revs. it is designed to do that. but it sounds like your transmission isn't working properly. first thing to check is the fluid level.

·
Registered
2003 MB C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would the in dash computer prompt me to check the transmission fluid level? My car has poor acceleration lately too and is shaky when coming off the start line...

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,531 Posts
No, transmission fluid level are not electronically checked. Your 722.6 transmission has a filler tube, but no dipstick. It has a "tamper resistant" cap. You'll need to buy the dipstick to check the level. You do it with the engine running, in park, and with the transmission at 180F (the dipstick has markings for proper fill levels at 77F and 180F, but it must be checked at 180F). Proper transmission temperature is checked with SDS, but you can also use and infrared thermometer pointed at the transmission pan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts