Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Mercedes-Benz 190e 2.6, 1995 BMW 525iT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know the RPMs are supposed to drop when you hit the brakes. However, what happens is when I start slowing down, right before coming to a complete stop the RPMs drop erratically and then come back up to normal. On most days it's not that bad but on some days if I don't let the car warm up properly it does it to the point of almost killing the engine (but doesn't) and then it comes right back up to normal after I've stopped completely.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.6, 1990 300SEL, 1992 300SE, 1992 400E, 1987 190E 2.6 murdered by my brother.
1,291 Posts
Same for me. Right when my battery was about to die, that happened as I coasted down a big hill. Got a new Interstate Battery and it did not happen again. It is either your battery or your alternator starting to go.

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.3 Limited #566/700
1,740 Posts
Same for me. Right when my battery was about to die, that happened as I coasted down a big hill. Got a new Interstate Battery and it did not happen again. It is either your battery or your alternator starting to go.
Yes, so replace your battery for sure then check the voltage it pumps out for the next week or so. If it slowly starts to get lower and lower, you got yourself a bad alternator.

·
Registered
1992 Mercedes-Benz 190e 2.6, 1995 BMW 525iT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Now my console lights have stopped working, just the ones behind the odometer, speedometer and what not. I guess I'll still start with the battery but does anyone have any other ideas? Or is this a separate issue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts