Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78/82 300D
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have new mounts and filters on my car, I am sure I could use new injector nozzles, just can't afford them at the moment. I was reading posts about the rack damper bolt, I was cool an easy fix on my idling problem, well I don't have one. My car starts fine all the time, runs with no vibration on the street and freeway, its just when its idling its like a paint shaker. If I adjust the throttle control on the dash, it stops shaking, but I don't like my engine reving that high. Anyone have any ideas? or is there an adjust screw or bolt that I am missing?? car is a non turbo euro 300D.

·
Registered
money pits of various forms
5,886 Posts
You can pop test and clean the injectors for much less than new nozzles. Have you atleast tried some diesel ourge? Sure you arent getting air in the line? Are you sure it is idling fast enough?

·
Registered
78/82 300D
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would rather just replace the nozzles, they have over 150,000 miles on them, so its time and I would rather put new in and not have to worry about problems for at least another 150,000. I have done a purge, nope no air is getting in, car runs to smooth to be sucking in air, the injector pump is leaking oil from some unknown place. I am not sure if it is idling fast enough. I read this post 240D rough idle - Do I or don't I have rack damper bolt? - ShopForum about the type M pump, seems like the rough idle could be that the pump is out of calibration, and if you can live with the rough idle don't worry about it because to R&R the pump is $$$$

·
Registered
money pits of various forms
5,886 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts