Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2008 ML350, 1500 miles, the engine is very rough at a idle, either in gear, with the brake applied, or in park,most of the roughness can be felt in the steering wheel, and door panels. If I lift the hood, the top of the engine is rough. The SA says it is normal????? I don't think so,, any Ideas?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Absolutely not normal..should be smooth as silk..can't offer any fixes other than a warranty visit but you have some sort of problem for sure..although if its running well in the rest of the RPM range i would say it should be a quick fix once its on the computer. don't take No for an answer or go to a different dealership..again..it should be silky smooth at idle..in gear or out ( as well as all through the rev range)

·
Registered
1999 ML320
24,029 Posts
I have 2008 ML350, 1500 miles, the engine is very rough at a idle, either in gear, with the brake applied, or in park,most of the roughness can be felt in the steering wheel, and door panels. If I lift the hood, the top of the engine is rough. The SA says it is normal????? I don't think so,, any Ideas?
Sounds like a misfire.
Just to be sure, is it any worse than before or the same ?

·
Registered
2007 Alpine Rain/Ash ML320 CDI
300 Posts
Try visiting your salesperson and checkout another ML350's idle as a comparison. It really should idle very smooth and quiet. I have had occasion to use the sales rep as an arbitrator with the Service Dept. Hopefully you'll have good luck and get it fixed soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts