Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all. Just got back from a stint in Iraq, again. I always disconnect the battery when I leave for four months. When I get back and attach the battery, the car works no problem. Lately I've been getting a rough idle when the car is in the drive position. Now, it wasn't doing this before I left for Iraq. It's a 2000 CLK 430 with 70k on the ODO. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance!:bowdown:

SALUTE!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sounds like bad gas. It happened to me one time idiot lights came on and I thought a blew the engine. Cheap azz gas. Hopefully, that's your same problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the same problem, I've cleaned the MAF, and air filter but still no change. If its only during the idle ~600rpm then it might be the engine mounts (supposed to last ~70k? or something like that) :confused:. Maybe your maf is just needs to be cleaned

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same problem

The stealership replaced the MAF after a couple of hours of diagnostics. My total cost in Missouri was 550 bones. What a rip off but it did fix the problem.
I would definitely try cleaning it yourself. If this does not fix it find a MAF on the internet. If you go to the dealer bring your own ky and be prepared to take it up the yin yang.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i had the same problem

The stealership replaced the MAF after a couple of hours of diagnostics. My total cost in Missouri was 550 bones. What a rip off but it did fix the problem.
I would definitely try cleaning it yourself. If this does not fix it find a MAF on the internet. If you go to the dealer bring your own ky and be prepared to take it up the yin yang.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts