Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'79 300D, '00 230 Komp
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '00 c230 komp, with about 135k mi on it.

In neutral or park it seems to idle much smoother than at stoplight in D with brakes engaged. When at a stop on the brake there is alot of vibration that used to not be there.

Motor mounts seem to be fine, there is barely any movement under the hood.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this vibration it's rather noticable.

thanks.

·
Registered
1996 C280
151 Posts
The first thing I would try would be to clean your MAF and your throttle-body. Either one could cause this problem. Make sure you use cleaner that is specifically for MAF's or you could damage it.

·
Registered
1998 C230
8 Posts
This happened to me twice

First time: Changed the transmission fluid <- this helped for a while

Second time: Changed the spark plugs

If you've never had these plugs changed get them done. I did mine and two under the coil packs had completely shattered the ceramic and it was causing the engine to misfire (this would show a check engine light on your dash)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a '00 c230 komp, with about 135k mi on it.

In neutral or park it seems to idle much smoother than at stoplight in D with brakes engaged. When at a stop on the brake there is alot of vibration that used to not be there.

Motor mounts seem to be fine, there is barely any movement under the hood.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this vibration it's rather noticable.

thanks.
mounts seem to be fine? I would check them by opening the hood fully vertical, putting the car in drive, and press the brake and gas at the same time. basically brake torque it w/o spinning the tires or anything like that. if you see lots of movement in the motor then it's time for mounts. as was previously stated, if you had a straight misfire you'd more than likely be seeing check engines.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have same car, changed coils plugs cleaned maf but still there.
I think it's the cam position sensor, I just ordered one I'll let you know!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts