Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'00 S430
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using Shell Rotella T 5w40 synthetic in their '98 and newer MB. This is a Diesel oil also approved for gas engines. I have not found anywhere that it meets MB 229.3 or 229.5 spec, it does meet API SL ratings. I hear that Synthetic Rotella is outstanding oil. Any experiences here?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did a full change with Rotella 5w 40...

And everything is absolutely smooth. In fact I was able to get the oil from Wally-World (wal-mart) for $17 bucks each for 2 3.78L bottles and an additional 1 liter for 5 bucks more. 40 bucks spent for oil, got fleece filter off ebay and air filters for 30.00. So 70 dollars to make sure the job was done right with good oil, and save a nifty dollar (or a few hundred) over the cost of a B service for what the stealers quote here in Denver (500.00). I oiled all hinges and lubed chassis, and I am going to check all fuses this week, and I have new slotted/drilled rotors and pads on order for the front I also took off engine cover and painted it gunmetal on the front and sides (since I always liked how the later s55's cover was!) Go for the Rotella! good stuff!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did a full change with Rotella 5w 40...

And everything is absolutely smooth. In fact I was able to get the oil from Wally-World (wal-mart) for $17 bucks each for 2 3.78L bottles and an additional 1 liter for 5 bucks more. 40 bucks spent for oil, got fleece filter off ebay and air filters for 30.00. So 70 dollars to make sure the job was done right with good oil, and save a nifty dollar (or a few hundred) over the cost of a B service for what the stealers quote here in Denver (500.00). I oiled all hinges and lubed chassis, and I am going to check all fuses this week, and I have new slotted/drilled rotors and pads on order for the front I also took off engine cover and painted it gunmetal on the front and sides (since I always liked how the later s55's cover was!) Go for the Rotella! good stuff!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts