Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have used the search feature to no avail regarding my question. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am wondering how I should go about rotating my tires. I have a 2004 c240 with Bridgestone Potenza G009 size 205/55/r16 in the rear and Bridgestone HP50 of same size in the front. I am wondering if I rotate passanger front to driver rear, driver front to passanger rear, rear tires directly to front on same side. The other way being keeping the tires on the same side and just swapping front and rear on each respective side. I have tried to search the tires themselves with no luck. I know sone tires are built to only tread in one direction so I am not sure in this particular case. Anyway, any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
384 Posts
You need to find out if your tires are uni-directional or bi-directional or whatever its called... if they are only one direction then to rotate just swap backs with fronts on the same side... so pr to pf and dr to df - if they are both directions and it doesnt matter on the pattern then you can pretty much swap sides either way I would sugest if there multi directional then swap df to pr and dr to pf --- also check your wear patterns and stuff like that...

I am not sure if that helps but the best bet to make any assesment is to find out whats the deal with your tires first :)

I have staggered uni-directional... so for me I cant rotate :( just balance em often and replace em when there shot :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
I looked up a photo of your tread pattern and it's directional.
Rotate front to back, back to front.
Do NOT swap sides.
Left side tires will always remain on the left.
Same with right side.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Much appreciated, zoomie. That is what I needed to know.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I looked up a photo of your tread pattern and it's directional.
Rotate front to back, back to front.
Do NOT swap sides.
Left side tires will always remain on the left.
Same with right side.

Hope that helps.

Yea if they are Directional unidriectional or whatever - meaning only goes one way- Then DEF DONT SWAP SIDES!!! haha :)

if they were bi directional or whatever there called that can go either way you could but there not so DONT! :)

:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts