Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350 Diamond blue
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got them?

If so, howmuchizzit. Also are they easy to put on and off?.
After seeing joyfulhearts photo of the seat damaged by his jeans, I hate to think what a surfboard fin would do if I stuck the board IN the car.

·
Registered
SL55 AMG/SLK 350
211 Posts
AshleyF - 3/23/2005 4:19 PM

Anyone got them?

If so, howmuchizzit. Also are they easy to put on and off?.
After seeing joyfulhearts photo of the seat damaged by his jeans, I hate to think what a surfboard fin would do if I stuck the board IN the car.
I seem to recall here in the UK that there was an optional "preperation for roof something or other". I guess without this option you probably won't be able to order any kind of roof rack kit...

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
Preparation for roof system £70. This is factory fitted, but cant be too complicated if its £70. There is actually a surfboard rack, part #B66848447, but I expect you need the preparation to fit it.

·
Registered
ML500, SLK55 AMG
258 Posts
A convertible may not be the best choice for people who need to carry items on their roof.

As an aside, does a set of golf clubs fit in the trunk??

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, they don't...
At least my golf clubs and bag do not, and I have to put them on the passenger seat.
And they fit in my old Z3...

·
Registered
SLK 350 Diamond blue
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, The option to put on roof racks has to be factory fitted. It is quite neat.

I have seen the roof racks in the option books and they look a little wierd. Not something that you would want permanently on the car. Aside from the fact that you can't open the roof!

Look like I will be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
You dont have to leave the roof rack on permanently. The factory option is to set up the fitting point on the car roof, which is there to be used when you want to fix the roof rack. Other times you have a convertible like the rest of us.

·
Registered
ML500, SLK55 AMG
258 Posts
LUGNUT - 3/24/2005 11:03 PM

Is it easy to install a towing hook and maybe a bull bar also..[?][:p]
And a winch on the front bumper?[}:)]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts