Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 GL450
13,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Both of mine need to be repainted. It there a way to safely remove it without destroying it? Is there a special tool for this? Also, I'm sure that the clips will be destroyed during the removal so can someone tell me what the part numbers are for these clips? These trims are the 2 long ones on the roof.

Best regards.

·
Registered
2001 E 320
147 Posts
Here are some pics of mine removed when i repainted the car. It has clips about every 6-8 inches along the rail, best place is to start at the rear and work forward, use a trim removal tool to pri off the trim, first clip should be about 2 inches from the rear window. This goes all the way down to the bottom of the front windshield, Once you get about 2 clips loose you can pull the rest off by hand, no tool needed.I have removed mine 3 items already and have been able to re use all the clips.

IMAG0510 by welfarewagon, on Flickr

In this picture every piece of tape is where the clip is located. They can be moved along in the channel once the trim is removed.

IMAG0503 by welfarewagon, on Flickr

·
Registered
12 GL450
13,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some pics of mine removed when i repainted the car. It has clips about every 6-8 inches along the rail, best place is to start at the rear and work forward, use a trim removal tool to pri off the trim, first clip should be about 2 inches from the rear window. This goes all the way down to the bottom of the front windshield, Once you get about 2 clips loose you can pull the rest off by hand, no tool needed.I have removed mine 3 items already and have been able to re use all the clips.

IMAG0510 by welfarewagon, on Flickr

In this picture every piece of tape is where the clip is located. They can be moved along in the channel once the trim is removed.

IMAG0503 by welfarewagon, on Flickr
Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.