Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading Bazzle's post regarding to the fix of the roof problem, I bought the switch from the dealer and able to found the location of the switch. Thanks Bazzle.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1292734-roof-switch-repair-rear.html

I wasn't able to take out the switch. Do I have to remove the panel in order to take out the old switch? To me, the black plastic panel is kind of huge to remove.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bazzle said:
I took it out thru the removable cover above the CD stacker.
I put my hand thru the brush to hold.

Bazzle
Thanks for the reply Bazzle. It seems like my problem is different so that wasn't the switch I need to change. Well I replace the old one anyways just in case.

My trunk opens and windows go down but the roof won't fold and go down to the trunk. All I hear is motor noise at the back.

If anyone could help on which switch should it be to change, it will be much appreciate.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. Thanks eKeith. This is very useful.

I think what I need is the S69/11 switch. I am going to order it and see if it works.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2002 SLK200 K
186 Posts
Andy ::VancouveR:: said:
Wow. Thanks eKeith. This is very useful.

I think what I need is the S69/11 switch. I am going to order it and see if it works.

Thanks guys.
You're welcome :thumbsup:.

I just used this info to troubleshoot my roof problem. I replaced s69/1 and now it works fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts