Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,roof problem ,boot opened up roof started to lift,about an inch,then fell back to closed position,could hear motor whirring but the roof would't lift.the boot is stuck open and won't close now.roof button stays on permanent red,flashes when i press it,but nothing moves,hear a click from the rear when i depress the button.any advice on what to check,or is there any manual way i could close the boot,as i can,t drive it.thanks.

·
Registered
693 Posts
manual roof closing is possible check your manual

it involves de-pressurizing the hyd. system in the trunk. personally id just take it to the dealer---if you can find one you trust.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks,got the boot to work it opens and closes fine.the front pins seem to unlock but the roof dosen't move,even with a heavy push.the motor is still running though.when the boot closes the quarter windows don't go up either.looking at the roof it dosen't seem to be locked down fully one side,the roof at the front dosen't close totally tight.any help appreciated.thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found the fault,the boot switch had fallen out of its location,so the roof would't fold as it was't sending a signal to say the boot was not open!.put switch back in place works fine.hope this helps someone else too.switch located just above rear lamp drivers side mounted on the top of the pump bracket.thanks for the replies i recieved.

·
Registered
693 Posts
good job!

found the fault,the boot switch had fallen out of its location,so the roof would't fold as it was't sending a signal to say the boot was not open!.put switch back in place works fine.hope this helps someone else too.switch located just above rear lamp drivers side mounted on the top of the pump bracket.thanks for the replies i recieved.
:):)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts