Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
slk200 1996
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

After quite a bit of research (and pulling my car apart) I have figured out that all the switches in my car are fine - so there must be another issue...

Switch just flashes red when pushed/pulled - nothing happens at all, no sounds from the pump (and since I pushed the roof down manually I can see the pump hasn't been running), windows don't move, nothing.

Any ideas for a next step?

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230.
20 Posts
Hey guys,

After quite a bit of research (and pulling my car apart) I have figured out that all the switches in my car are fine - so there must be another issue...

Switch just flashes red when pushed/pulled - nothing happens at all, no sounds from the pump (and since I pushed the roof down manually I can see the pump hasn't been running), windows don't move, nothing.

Any ideas for a next step?
Mine did the same thing.I opened the trunk and flicked the luggage partition microswitch with my finger a dozen times checking for the clicking sound and then the roof worked normally once more.My interior light had stayed lit at the same time that the roof operating button had flashed. Im going to strip the PSE pump out of the trunk at the end of the month as having read many of the threads relating to roof opening problems point to moisture inside the control unit.The circuit board seems to be the main culprit.
You will find loads of info on how to fix this on this forum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know any info about the hardtop switch not working and not lighting up at all? That switch isn't connected to the rear view mirror is it ? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts