Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1998 LHD SLK 200
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I got my roof working, This is to say thank you to all the people that contributed to helping me go topless. Special Thanks to BlueBenz.....without you bruv! I will be stuck. the 1st round is on me when we do link up. Now let us pray that we have a decent sunny weekend.

Here some pix of her!!! Enjoy........and pls no drooling over the pix. Am thinking of selling it! Any offers?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
SLK 230
1,498 Posts
Well?
You went through all that so tell us what the problem was.

·
Registered
1998 LHD SLK 200
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Changed the CCM 1708200296, Kept sending out the wrong signal to the sensors. If any one leaves in Essex, stay away from Lakeside Mercedes, they dont know jack shit about Mercedes.

I am 5'11 and i feel my sit is a bit too high, is there anyway you can modify the sit to sink lower?

Thanks

·
Registered
99 slk 230 sport
144 Posts
It has always seemed to me that the seat actually lowers (even more) when you move the seat back. Can anyone confirm this? I always lower the seat as far as possible, then move back until I hit the right spot (5'9", and I still have a few inches I could go back)

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
FANTASTIC Marky !!
looks great, and finally the roof working. Did you manage to enjoy it on sunday ? weather was perfect for top-down cruising !! Why are you gonna sell it now? after all the hassle thought you may wanna enjoy her for a while !
I'm away next 2 weekends, but after that i feel a cruise thro our city could be in order... weather should be good by then !
maybe couple of other London area SLKers could join.
Enjoy buddy !

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
seat adjustment

Oh yeah, play around with your seat a little bit bro, I'm 6.4 and can fit in my SLK no probs. The height adjuster is on the left side of your seat.
I do love the colour of your ride, think its called "Firemist". was the body kit on the car when you got it, or did you add it on ?

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
lowering the seat

It has always seemed to me that the seat actually lowers (even more) when you move the seat back. Can anyone confirm this? I always lower the seat as far as possible, then move back until I hit the right spot (5'9", and I still have a few inches I could go back)
i slide the seat forward, then lower the seat, and then slide back. this way i can get the seat as low as i like.

·
Registered
1998 LHD SLK 200
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lowering the seat

yeah, the body kit came with the car, though the flps missing, anyways, i tried lowering the seat but unable to do so, i moved it forward and backwards, turn the little handle by the side and nothing happens, do i push downwards or upwards? Thanks for the compliments on the car, I am seriously considering selling it, if i find a buyer, its gone.

M

·
Registered
99 slk 230 sport
144 Posts
Does the lever on the side of the seat do nothing? Pull up on it then try lifting your rear/ sitting back down.

·
Registered
1998 LHD SLK 200
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks
My seats are now low, perfect, driving level!!! is there any thing going on this bank holiday in the London or outside London for SLKers ? I am also looking for the square flaps on side skirts and the srs badge on the interior door panel, will pay for it and postage, mine was nicked ages ago?

Cheers
M

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
thoes seats can be a bit tricky.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Firemist? Wasn't that Designo Copper?

Why are you selling it now, any particular reasons?

·
Registered
SLK32
646 Posts
Is the external color Firemist?

I have a firemist 2003 SLK32 AMG and did not get the red Crimson interior. Now I wish I had,. How do you like the red inside?

Dave S.

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
London weekend

don't think theres any SLK events in London at the long-weekend, plus the weather is still so crap considering its May. I know there is another Action Day at Castle Coombe in June, maybe we can organise something for that...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts