Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find a rubber/plastic plug for the antenna hole? My Teleaid antenna got busted off and I would rater plug the hole than replace a worthless antenna. Duct tape is working now but isn't a long term solution :)

·
Registered
04 Adventurewagen
616 Posts
Anyone know where I can find a rubber/plastic plug for the antenna hole? My Teleaid antenna got busted off and I would rater plug the hole than replace a worthless antenna. Duct tape is working now but isn't a long term solution :)
This antenna also connects to the OEM phone system.......if you have one installed.

·
Registered
96 G300DT
2,028 Posts
Hole plug

Measure the diameter of the hole and hit up a regular hardware store. Most will carry an assortment of nylon plugs. Then glue the plug into place

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried the big box stores without much luck before I posted here. Maybe I will try an Ace hardware.

·
Registered
04G55AMG,08R320CDI
371 Posts
If you search for "antenna plug" on ebay, lots and lots of different ones in different sizes.

·
Registered
1999 G500, 1997 G300, 1986 300GD, 1983 280GE
323 Posts
I went down to ACE and picked up a black nylon round patio chair glide. It projects approx 3mm above the hole, fits it perfect and sealed with a elastomeric black butyl rubber sealant.
My new G500 has no hole up there, all the better.

·
Registered
2005 G500
17 Posts
Mine got ripped off in a parking deck. Temp fix was a 5/8 rubber plug from home depot. just stuck it in there, ran it through a car wash, no leaks.

·
Registered
2003 G500 - Tectite Grey Metallic
27 Posts
Sjarvis, It may be a temporary fix, but we definitely care for our 'G' babies and I would recommend applying GE silicone II. It comes in clear, white, almond and black colors. I prefer clear application. This type of silicone is rated for internal/external application and is rated to last 30 years! No worries about sand, water or dust getting anywhere. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts