Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350 AMG
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting my SLK 350 in 2 months and i was wondering if anyone thought of re-upholstering the thick rubbery plastic?
is there anything that can be done?

I think it looks a little cheap :(

·
Registered
SLK350 / TT Sold
18 Posts
There's a very expensive (~2000€ from memory in france) designo option to get it in alcantara.
I also remember someone posting on the forum pictures of home-made changes to the inside of his car.

-Mikael

·
Registered
1988 280GE
149 Posts
mikael.fr - 2/21/2005 6:50 AM

There's a very expensive (~2000€ from memory in france) designo option to get it in alcantara.
I also remember someone posting on the forum pictures of home-made changes to the inside of his car.

-Mikael
Ya, the member's name is Gatecrash and i think the post title was called Exclusive SLK. He had alcantara on the roof and pillars as well as leather on the doors. It looks much nicer than stock.

Although I think the quality of the plastics used in the interior are improving (compared to other Benzes), the look (and i'm sure feel) would make the car drip with quality.

·
Registered
2002 SLK320
71 Posts
Does this mean that in ALL "designo" SLKs that the ceiling/roof lining is alcantara material?

mikael.fr - 2/21/2005 6:50 AM

-Mikael

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
But you can buy the option later and have it fitted on the car.

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
I have SLK with nappa door and alcantara roof [8D]

·
Registered
2002 SLK320
71 Posts
OK, I'll clarify my question LOL --> is the alancatara material in the roof/ceiling a standard part of the designo package in the USA?

-Sam

ianx, manchester - 2/21/2005 2:39 PM

SLKfan - 2/21/2005 2:30 PM

Does this mean that in ALL "designo" SLKs that the ceiling/roof lining is alcantara material?
not in europe, its simply another add-on option on the designo pricelist!

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
Shinigami - 2/21/2005 3:36 PM

But you can buy the option later and have it fitted on the car.
From my own personal experience, in the UK you cannot buy a designo option if you don't have a designo car!

i.e you cannot purchase Designo leather covered roll-over bars (or even a lovely designo gearstick knob, which was what i was after!) if you do not have designo seats in the first place!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts