Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK320
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have replaced the black roll over loops with the silver/chrome units? How do you like them? Did you go chrome or stainless? Anyone HATE the chrome units? Anyone with pics?

I think they look pretty cool, and was thinking about adding them, but I also know, as a harley rider, not always is more chrome the answer.

·
Registered
2003 SL500 USA model, Auto Transmission, Stock, Aegean Blue Metallic
1,475 Posts
I like the chrome look.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
They look a lot better than the black ones do. Be sure the ones you buy are TUV approved, they are fully functional roll hoops, and your head may depend on them holding the car up... :D

Four 8mm bolts hold each one in place, and if you look through the stickies at the top of the page, there should be apost on installing them, it's not hard at all, just takes a little time.

·
Registered
98 SLK230K AMG, 98 E55T, 89 2.5-16
213 Posts
what about carbon fiber? it would look really sporty. i wonder tho if you can make those rollover bars out of carbon fiber and make it strong enough to be useful.

regards,
Ray

·
Registered
2001 SLK320
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont know that you could make them out of carbon fiber for the mounting nor be strong enough, but maybe someone could wrap carbon fiber around some steel ones.

·
Registered
SL55 AMG (R230), ML 320CDI (W164)
148 Posts
Here's my effort in that department

As was said earlier only use TUV approved. Also consider the wind deflector as mine came without the clip to attach the net - it was a bit rubbish anyway so I did the S2000 bit recommended on this forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts