Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 X5 4.4i; 1996 sl 320
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I know this issue has been discussed on other occasions, but I am buying a car that has a different thing going on. The thing is that the roll over bar light is on, but it is working also working is the roof... I took it to MB dealer and they told me they needed to really get in the car so as to find what this problem could be. They did reset the windows and roof, but still light is on. Does anybody have an idea of what this could be about???

·
Administrator
1998 Pano SL500; 1993 SL500; 2005 ML270cdi
8,740 Posts
Hello I know this issue has been discussed on other occasions, but I am buying a car that has a different thing going on. The thing is that the roll over bar light is on, but it is working also working is the roof... I took it to MB dealer and they told me they needed to really get in the car so as to find what this problem could be. They did reset the windows and roof, but still light is on. Does anybody have an idea of what this could be about???
If they run a diagnostic check they should be able to pin-point the problem without 'getting into the car'.
My roll bar light was showing intermittently. I recently checked my '93 SL500 with nothing more than a cheap LED and paperclip. It showed a fault to the roll bar switch on the rear axle which turned out to be nothing more than a corroded connection.
Without looking up the DTC codes in the blue sticky I can't remember which pin to check if you have the 38 pin socket. I have the list of pin numbers and the code flashes I got, but stupidly I didn't reference them :mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts