Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
U1000
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm looking for a Rockinger 279F hitch, anybody (preferably in the UK) got one that they no longer use and would like to sell it to me? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
U1000
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Normalbloke, I've pm'd him twice but no luck with a reply, didn't really want to pester him anymore, he's may be had second thoughts! So I thought I'd see if anyone else had a spare or un-used hitch they may want to sell me.

·
Registered
U1000
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent job, I'll still have it!! Where do I send the money, you might have to use the PM facility!!

·
Registered
U1600Ag
1,357 Posts
I didn’t see the PM's as err I don’t look for them :eek:

yes I still have it, yes its still the same cost, i have removed it from the mount it was on and I even have some photos of it ;)

You dont happen to have a spare grease niple on you ?

I am in need of one for my 279fb

·
Registered
U1600AG + a LR 90
995 Posts
can you not get metric grease nipples in Can?

or do you want to just know the diameter and thread pitch.

if you go to you local place that sells agri tractors like NH/MF/Case/Claas/etc/etc you should be able to by little plastic boxes of assorted size grease nipples in metric and imperial packs which it would be worth buying and assorted pack of metric for <$10 which you can keep in the glove box of your mog.

How’s the snow clearing going?

·
Registered
U1600Ag
1,357 Posts
can you not get metric grease nipples in Can?

or do you want to just know the diameter and thread pitch.

if you go to you local place that sells agri tractors like NH/MF/Case/Claas/etc/etc you should be able to by little plastic boxes of assorted size grease nipples in metric and imperial packs which it would be worth buying and assorted pack of metric for <$10 which you can keep in the glove box of your mog.

How’s the snow clearing going?
Before I removed my 279fb, I looked and it didn't seem like the hole where your nipple is was threaded or maybe mine was filled with gunk.

Do you happen to know the diameter/thread ?

Snow wise, everything is great. I keep getting new contracts everyday on top of the one that were signed up during the autumn. I'm up to around 250 parking spaces to clear. The blower is quick but I musnt phok around to make it back home before morning traffic. I made the error of taking some contracts a bit far from my homebase but the money is good. I manage to do everything in around 2-3 hours.

We got 2ish storms yet that got me to go out 7 times now.

Fuel wise, it's better that I calculated so that's more money in my pockets instead that in the fuel tank.

Diesel is 1.16$CAN/liter nowadays

·
Registered
U1000
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi b101, I still don't know where to send the money? Like to get this sorted out so I can move my trailer around without using my 3CX and a length of chain!! cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Merry x-mas

I'll may be able to help you out,mate. We have a big selection of grease nippel of all kinds. You could pick it up or we send Dicom.

What size is it ?

Have a nice day

1 - 11 of 11 Posts