Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Looks like some serious axle travel! Just how far does yours go?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
roc mog az

i am using custom rebuilt fox shocks 7/8 x 2 with resivors and shock hoops:thumbsup:. the springs are out of a grand cherickeee. no straps yet still in the r and d. when i get a full drop measurement i will put in some limit chain to keep the shocks from pulling apart.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
az mog

that is the set that come on the mog when i bought it. not real impressed with them, cant air thhen down to much. i have to save up some mony for some swampers.just put a set of 36s on my k-5 and those were a grand, 39s are going to run about 1,500. but i think that they will work alot better.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yeah, the XZL's are probably too stiff of a tire for your needs. Or you need to add about 10,000 lbs to your truck :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not off hand but i will check and get back with ya:confused:i run about 5 lbs and they sag a little.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
springs

they are the rears and they were the stock one. the ride hight came down a little bit. but the flex made up for that. i only got two little trips around the house with the new set up before i distroyed a front driver tire:crybaby2:,no spair. now sitting on jacks awaiting new rubber. i dont have any photos of it sitting on flat ground with the new set up. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they are a 2x7/8x24 so i guess that they would max out a little under 24 in. i think that the springs will hold before that. two foot is a lot of flex. i need to test it on a R.T.I. ramp.:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts