Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Speaking of ways to start the new year...

Heard there was a 7.2 in Jakarta, tsunami warning lifted which is good. Hope you and yours are okay. That must feel pretty intense, good luck.

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
As usual, I have survived, I slept right through it. The 7.2 earthquake happened in Papua Irian Jaya. The furthermost tip of Indonesia in the west. I do understand that there was death and destruction, one hotel (obviously not meeting the building code) just came right down.

·
Registered
19,471 Posts
As usual, I have survived, I slept right through it. The 7.2 earthquake happened in Papua Irian Jaya. The furthermost tip of Indonesia in the west. I do understand that there was death and destruction, one hotel (obviously not meeting the building code) just came right down.
All that shaking can't be good for the pool:(

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
All that shaking can't be good for the pool:(

Irian Jaya is 3500 kms or 2000 miles away from our house, we and our pool survived, I believe from the most NW tip of Sumatra to Eastern most tip of Papua that spans Indonesia left to right, the distance is close to 5,000 kilometers or 3,100 miles. It really is a vast, diversified, country spread out in this part of the world but not for the faint of heart BWOT'ers...........

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First blurb I read said Jakarta, just read a new one saying there were three, largest was 7.6 on the island you referenced. Maybe the first blurb was put together by experts similar to those refenced in your sig quote? :D

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
First blurb I read said Jakarta, just read a new one saying there were three, largest was 7.6 on the island you referenced. Maybe the first blurb was put together by experts similar to those refenced in your sig quote? :D

Greg, the locals here release big headlines first and think later, rumors here zip from mouth to ear quicker than anything you have seen and with SMS's now, lord only knows what is being talked about as we post. But yet when it comes to real work and an honest day's living, few and far between, few and far between...

·
Registered
24,029 Posts
Irian Jaya is 3500 kms or 2000 miles away from our house, we and our pool survived, I believe from the most NW tip of Sumatra to Eastern most tip of Papua that spans Indonesia left to right, the distance is close to 5,000 kilometers or 3,100 miles. It really is a vast, diversified, country spread out in this part of the world but not for the faint of heart BWOT'ers...........
Damn it.

·
Slightly creased
16,582 Posts
it was probably closer to us, and we didn't feel anything (we are not however on a fault line).

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
If you Indonesians stop having sex at the same time we may have less earthquakes.

The Indonesian Muslims have a plan, procreate and the Muslims will take over the world in a massive tidal wave, it is best for the Muslim community...........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts