Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1989 190E 2.6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to MBUSA.COM:

"Every Mercedes-Benz in the U.S. - no matter how old, how many miles it's logged or how many owners it's had - qualifies for Roadside Assistance, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you ever need assistance while traveling in your Mercedes-Benz, just call 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES."

I was curious is anyone in the group has ever had to use the roadside assistance for thier older MB.... What was the experiance like?

[8D] Phil

·
Registered
2000 C230 Komp
182 Posts
Key words.... "..qualifies for..." Meaning, I'd imagine it would just like calling a tow truck. It won't be free or anything. They might take your car to a Benz dealership for repairs.... But really, if you are driving a 10 plus year old car....will you really pay $100/hr for a benz mech?

·
Registered
1989 190E 2.6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I read somewhere that the basic free assistance is like chaning a tire or bringing a few gallons of gas for only the cost of the gas... (I forget where I read it, but it was in a group like this one.) I'll change my own tire thanks, and so far as the gas... keep it full.. Otherwise you're probably right.

Phil[xx(]

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
9,228 Posts
Well I read somewhere that the basic free assistance is like chaning a tire or bringing a few gallons of gas for only the cost of the gas... (I forget where I read it, but it was in a group like this one.) I'll change my own tire thanks, and so far as the gas... keep it full.. Otherwise you're probably right.

Phil[xx(]
+1 they will send someone to change a tire/give you 5 gallons of gas. if you need a tow theyll find you one at a reduce rate.

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.6, 1990 300SEL, 1992 300SE, 1992 400E, 1987 190E 2.6 murdered by my brother.
1,291 Posts
I never had to use it. lol. But I have seen the MB rescue wagon a few times around the Las Vegas valley.

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
Roadside Assistance will:

Unlock your car
Bring you gas
Change or fix your flat
Bring you a battery if yours is flat (only charge for the battery)
Tow you to the nearest dealer at no charge

I am sure there's more... this is not a tow service that comes to help you... this is a Mercedes vehicle from the local dealer. This is free to all MB Owners no matter the age of the car or how many owners it's had.

I had a flat at work and didn't have time to change it, then go have it fixed so I called and a tech came out in an ML320 CDI and repaired my tire on-site at no cost.

No other manuf. offers this.

·
Registered
92 190E 2.6, 06 C280 , 87 Porsche 944
342 Posts
In the brochure in the owners manual it shows an old W124 wagon I doubt that will come though. I think they use the R-Class or something now.

·
Registered
1995 C36 AMG
199 Posts
So I guess there has to be a Mercedes Dealership nearby?

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.6, 1990 300SEL, 1992 300SE, 1992 400E, 1987 190E 2.6 murdered by my brother.
1,291 Posts
A lot of us forget about that kind of concierge service from Mercedes-Benz during times of emergency. I will keep that in mind now lol. BMW dont have this kind of service.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
1995 C36 AMG
199 Posts
That's funny. Closest one to me is 200 miles away

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
That's funny. Closest one to me is 200 miles away
Well...find out from the horses mouth. Call the 1 800 number and ask. Then let us know if they would come out to the stix to rescue us 190E drivers.

·
Registered
1995 C36 AMG
199 Posts
Good point. In my case, they would contact their 3rd party service CCAS to get someone to help me. Unlock, Tire, Battery and Gas, I believe he said were free of charge anywhere in the country. Towing there would be charges, and in the case a car is still under warranty those charges would be reimbursed. He said that my remoteness prevents me from extra coverage such as having a tech come out and fix convertible top or something like that. Good to know that basic assistance is still there if I need.

·
Registered
190E 2.6 5spd
372 Posts
+1 they will send someone to change a tire/give you 5 gallons of gas. if you need a tow theyll find you one at a reduce rate.
Roadside Assistance will:

Unlock your car
Bring you gas
Change or fix your flat
Bring you a battery if yours is flat (only charge for the battery)
Tow you to the nearest dealer at no charge

I am sure there's more... this is not a tow service that comes to help you... this is a Mercedes vehicle from the local dealer. This is free to all MB Owners no matter the age of the car or how many owners it's had.

I had a flat at work and didn't have time to change it, then go have it fixed so I called and a tech came out in an ML320 CDI and repaired my tire on-site at no cost.

No other manuf. offers this.
Make up your mind guys, which one is it? And... does this work for Canada too?

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
Make up your mind guys, which one is it? And... does this work for Canada too?
This is for US only... I had my 300CE towed to my dealer using MB Roadside and there was NO CHARGE... so I am speaking from experience on this too.

It could be relationships differ from dealer to dealer... but being lucky enough to have Mercedes-Benz 1st dealership in the USA (Rasmussen) 15 miles away from me helps too I think.

·
Registered
190E 2.6 5spd
372 Posts
^Darn it! And yes, I just verified that with the Local MB dealer here in Canada... only for the US. This bites! I'm moving!

·
Registered
2003 CLK 320
2 Posts
Thanks for roadside assistance info

Wow, thanks for the info. My battery is dead too and I was just about to jump it and go to the dealer who charges $300+ for the battery plus install. I think I will call Roadside Assistance instead.

Appreciate it!!!
:thumbsup:

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
Wow, thanks for the info. My battery is dead too and I was just about to jump it and go to the dealer who charges $300+ for the battery plus install. I think I will call Roadside Assistance instead.

Appreciate it!!!
:thumbsup:
Had Roadside Assistance put a new battery last yest in my car for around $180 I think. Battery drained while it was in storage (my fault) and died. Called them up, and tried to jump start the battery but it was dead. Since the batter was under warranty, the put a new one in. You get the benefit of Mercedes and not having to pay for the labor rate to install.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts