Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML500
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 ML500

I have been feeling a slight vibration from the steering wheel when I go over bumps or seams in the road. This does not happen often. It occurs more when there are many seams or bumps in the road. it is very slight and the Mercedes mechanic did not detect anything out of the ordinary the first time around.

I took a drive with the mechanic the second time and I showed him what to look for, and I think it did it for him but I was not sure he detected it. At the end of the day they called and said they ordered a steering linkage of some sort that will fix it.

Anybody know what this problem would be and what linkage they are talking about that would cause this vibration feeling?

·
Registered
2007 ML500
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No idea about the condition of your tires so all i can suggest is double check your tire pressure
Tires are brand new Michelin's. It is definitely not tire related. They believe this steering linkage of some sort will fix it, which they have ordered the part. I am curious if anybody else has experienced this.

·
Registered
12 ML350 Bluetec pkg 2, 08 BMW 135i, 2012 F250 PS Diesel
213 Posts
I have been experiencing the same feedback. Also get a pop/click in the steering wheel every now and then. Vehicle is going in next fri for this and the 52k service.i hope they find something. I also have been experiencing heavy tramlining and feel this may be related.

·
Registered
2007 ML500
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been experiencing the same feedback. Also get a pop/click in the steering wheel every now and then. Vehicle is going in next fri for this and the 52k service.i hope they find something. I also have been experiencing heavy tramlining and feel this may be related.
There is a TSB out that could address your pop/click sound you hear. I am doubtful the vibration I am getting is related to the TSB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts