1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Widebody SEC
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toronto international spring classic car auction

international center mississauga

over 20 Mercedes-Benzes to be auctioned off. some without reserve.

"Also offered at this sale is an outstanding private collection of twenty-five significant classics to be sold at “no-reserve� including such prestigious marques as Rolls Royce, Packard, Hudson, Lincoln and Cadillac and rare Indiana-built autos from the golden era such as Erskine and Marmon. All twenty-five cars from this private collection will be sold regardless of final gavel price.

During the auction weekend, RM will also host a three-day indoor swap meet featuring vintage automotive parts, accessories, literature and collectibles. In addition, a huge assortment of collectable automobilia, including tin signs, toys, memorabilia, pop machines and antique gas pumps, will be offered on the auction block.

The Toronto International Spring Classic Car Auction kicks off with a vehicle preview Friday, April 15th at 12:00 noon, followed by the auction beginning at approximately 3:00 pm. Doors open at 9:00 am on Saturday and Sunday, with auction action starting at 10:00 am each day, and ending at 9:00 pm Saturday and 6:00 pm on Sunday."

http://www.rmauctions.com/events/TS05.cfm

anyone interested/planning on going?

Attachments

·
Registered
'02 ML500. 22A292576
232 Posts
Other than watching the pretty cars go by, and continue to be amazed at prices for cars we scrapped in the 70s-80's, watching B/J and Mecum on the History Channel, I've given up on auctions. I have two aquaintences that put a new slant on the auction game. (Scam?)

One discovered that he was bidding against a shill for the auction house, another who owned an extremely rare 356A was offered the "services" of an auction house to do the same.

If you're interested in anything other than looking at the pretty cars, i.e. buying or selling a rare car, I'd advise to simply get a broker who does it for a living and stick with the private market. That way you don't end paying 25%-30% more to b part of the "show."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts