Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for current S Class owners. What are the risks, if any from purchasing a pre-owned S550 from a non-mb dealer? What do you loose out on?

Will you get charged higher prices if you want to perform a service A,B or C at an MB dealer if the vehicle wasn't bought there? I am curious about what perks you miss out on and are they big enough to make you reconsider buying from a non-mb dealer?

·
Registered
16 Posts
When you buy a MB from a official MB dealer, you get the Certified pre owned warranty (100k miles)

However, you also typically pay ~7500-10k more than if you were to buy the same car on ebay.

For what its worth, you can get a 100k warranty from AAA for around 6500 bucks.

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes-Benz S55 ///AMG, 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350
685 Posts
Not all used cars at an MB Dealer are Certified, but a non MB Dealer can never certify the used car and include a warranty.

My local MB Dealer, has a program called STAR, if you buy any new or used car from them, you get free car washes for the life of the car, free MB loaner when you bring it in for service, 10% discount of parts and accessories, etc.

If you intend to buy a used MB, you could get a CPO one from an MB Dealer, full inspection, no accident, tires at 50% tread or more, all services performed and a 1 year additional warranty up to 100K miles, these are advantages of a CPO car from an MB Dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts