·
Registered
1988 560SEL sold:
4,717 Posts
Englevakten - 4/11/2005 8:41 AM

hehe...

I just filled the SEC

over $8 a gallon!!! hehe, just made me press the gasspedal harder [:0]

I can't fill a full tank of gass, cuz the gas pumps only go to 1000kr, that's 'bout the same as $160, and a full tank costs about 1100kr.

HA HA HA !
Gasp!
and that's despite the fact Norway has its own oil reserve in the North Sea?

·
Registered
12-Camel TT S600
1,794 Posts
When you're in slow city traffic, keep the air conditioner off, if possible. Roll down the windows and open the air vents to keep you and your riders comfortable. That air conditioner is a burden that uses fuel, and if you're tooling around town, you can see a "very slight" improvement in gas mileage by keeping it turned off, a Mercedes-Benz spokesman said.
that mercedes spokesman part was the funniest from that msn article.. hahhaha

how abt planting honda v-tec 2.4 in W126 and letting ur m117 rest in the garage till prices for gas goes down [:p]

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,110 Posts
jhodg5ck - 4/14/2005 11:01 PM

As a side note regarding maintance prices, the cost of parts for our cars has gone up a substantial amount in the last year+.. W/ the weakening dollar working against us in every way possible. Every time MB releases a new price list I run through some 'standards' and am amazed at the price hikes I come across.. Most notable was a 560SL seat spring.. One day it went from 300 to 1500!!! Yes, 1500 for a driver side seat spring:-/

Jonathan
Hmmm....

That is a 300% price increase while the $/Euro exchange rate has only moved 30%.
I think someone saw an opportunity to increase margins.
Good think I had my seat springs done last December. I thought $300 was already quite enough, thank you very much.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Hey there Axel,
I didn't know you own an SL as well:) It's unfortunate, all the other 107's (ie, pre 86) still have 'in-expensive' seat springs, around 300 or so...

I've also heard that MB is attempting to make up for not moving their price list for years...during which time they apparantly took quite a beating.
Lastly, they need to pay for the 1.3 million car recall somehow!!!

Got your PM, keep me posted on what happens:)

Jonathan

·
Registered
1988 560SEL sold:
4,717 Posts
Pay with a credit card that gives you rewards.

For example, I use the UPromise card where every 2 to 5% (depends on gas station) of my gas purchase goes to my daughter's college fund that we set up for her. It may be a pittance, but it'll accumulate over the years. Just imagine, a dollar out of each $20 gas paid (about each week) and that dollar grows over the years with compounded interest...

61 - 67 of 67 Posts