Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was told by teh crapy benz services guys that on my 2005 c240 4matic i cannot have anything bigger then stock rims because of soemting to do with the 4matic system....is there anyone who has the same car and put nice rims....and any sujjestions on how to hook up a nice sub system, and possibly a pop out dvd headunit.... i herd its realll tough becuase of the fiber optic shit.....any help would be awsome...

·
Registered
465 Posts
The rim thing is complete BS, if you go wiht larger rim, you just have smaller tires, the overall size of the wheel will be exactly the same.

Second hooking up a sub is easy as pie, especially if you go with an aftermarket HU.

·
Registered
AMG C32
85 Posts
i'be careful with the 4matic, i wouldn't do a staggered setup. I think you'd be best with all four rims the same size. otherwise you'd be looking at a new drivetrain

·
Registered
11 Posts
Could you elaborate on that? Why would having staggered rims conflict with 4Matic? (I'm asking cause I have a C240 4Matic and was looking to get staggered rims).

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
wicki - 3/27/2005 3:13 AM

i was told by teh crapy benz services guys that on my 2005 c240 4matic i cannot have anything bigger then stock rims because of soemting to do with the 4matic system....is there anyone who has the same car and put nice rims....and any sujjestions on how to hook up a nice sub system, and possibly a pop out dvd headunit.... i herd its realll tough becuase of the fiber optic shit.....any help would be awsome...
First your little sevice rep is stupid for telling you that!! If you lived near a real dealership, they would sell you some right out of their own stock !!!! 4-matic or not, your wheels overall will be basically the same diameter. I don't even see why having them staggered would cause any problems.That's what. 1/2" width difference across the rear?You would have better grip in the back yes, but not so drastic that it would throw your drive train off, and let's for argument say that it did. Okay, that's what the [email protected]#$ing ESP supposed to correct. right?
I swear for this car to be so "prestigious" they sure have some knuckleheads representing them as service reps...But, I'm not hatin..That's what forums are for..

Anyway, like DACHIGGA said, if you use an aftermarket
HU, the fiber optic shit won't be a problem because you u won't use it acept maybe to get you steering controls to work and there are adapters for that so no issues there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts