Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am finally ready to get some rims on my car and was confused if I should get 17, 18 or 19. I live in the bay area and the roads are quite bad so I was thinking of getting 18s.

I am not planning to lower the car yet (need to save $) and was wondering how weird the car would look with 18s and no lowering.

Does anyone have any pics prior to lowering with either 18s or 19s?

Thanks,
Q

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey Guys,

I am finally ready to get some rims on my car and was confused if I should get 17, 18 or 19. I live in the bay area and the roads are quite bad so I was thinking of getting 18s.

I am not planning to lower the car yet (need to save $) and was wondering how weird the car would look with 18s and no lowering.

Does anyone have any pics prior to lowering with either 18s or 19s?

Thanks,
Q
this is my car with 18's and not lowered at all. Those are the rims i am selling for $500.00. they are carlsson 1/6 replicas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey

thanks for the pictures....it does look a lil funny indeed without lowering it.

thanks for the offer but those rims are not really my style...i like your current ones lot better...hehe

is it 500 with tires? is the lip chrome? r they staggered?

Thanks again......

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I got 18s on stock height. Decided on that because 19" tires are expensive & the roads in NYC are horrible ... although now i'm moving to sunny NC. :rolleyes: Some pics ...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey

I love your rims! where did u get them?

thanks for these pics, some non angled ones would be sweet.

cheers

·
Registered
254 Posts
thanks for the pictures....it does look a lil funny indeed without lowering it.

thanks for the offer but those rims are not really my style...i like your current ones lot better...hehe

is it 500 with tires? is the lip chrome? r they staggered?

Thanks again......
they are not staggered and yes they have chrome lip. unfortunately only rims but taking offers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey

cool gotcha.... i really want the 19s you have but in 18s...any idea where I could find those?

ill think about the rims...dont want to lowball cuz they not my style :)

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I love your rims! where did u get them?

thanks for these pics, some non angled ones would be sweet.

cheers
Thanks! I actually bought them off of a friend brand new. He had them for his Lexus but traded it in and never had them put on. I can't wait till the weather is warmer so I could put them back on.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Here is a look at 19's with a stock suspension...
Pjay when are you moving you fuck.?

As you can see the drop would be nice...

At least now you can compair the 18's and 19's

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the pics guys!

joey ur car is hot too, its weird it looks like urs is sitting lower on the back then pjays!

im leaning towards 17s if i find a nice set....

·
Registered
384 Posts
I agree kinda with the 18's... I def feel a difference in the stocks and in the big wheels. The car is noticably sad on the acceleration regardless being the c240 but with the wheels its slower... Ride is not as smooth either but handeling seems alot tighter as a upswing. I do cringe every bump and potcheck. So far I havent had any problems (which is strange because I had 17s on a old import and they got mangled soooo easy) but I think it is more with the rim brand there then anything.

I think with 18's I would drop her and be happy my wheels now dropped might cause problems :( that is what is holding me back

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
FINALLY GOT MY 18s MOUNTED

Guys,

Sorry for disappearing but I was travelling for work. I finally got some sweet 18s for my ride and i LOVE IT! It looks a lot like joeys. Although I was never a fan of black rims the thick chrome lip did it for me and now that they are on the ride i absolutely love them!

I may drop the front a little bit in a few months, I like how the back is sitting.

Let me know what you think!
:thumbsup:

Q

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here is a look at 19's with a stock suspension...
Pjay when are you moving you fuck.?

As you can see the drop would be nice...

At least now you can compair the 18's and 19's
on your 19's did you stay at stock offset?? I only ask because certain cars work with one offset stock, but when diameter is increased sometimes the wheel needs to sit slightly different to clear something and this usually happens with rims 19" or bigger.

And do you think you could have gone to a 19x10ET36mm in the rear? Do you think it will still clear a 1.75" drop with a 10 wide rear rim?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
on your 19's did you stay at stock offset?? I only ask because certain cars work with one offset stock, but when diameter is increased sometimes the wheel needs to sit slightly different to clear something and this usually happens with rims 19" or bigger.

And do you think you could have gone to a 19x10ET36mm in the rear? Do you think it will still clear a 1.75" drop with a 10 wide rear rim?
diameter of the wheel doesn't not affect and should not affect offset in most case. The width affects the offset. 19x8.5 front rims typical/correct offset should be ET28-30 to avoid coilover clearance issue. doesn't matter if it's 19x9.5 or 19x10 offset stays 35 to be the best. You do need to make minor shaving in either case if the car is low.

I had Carlsson 1/16 BE in 19x8.5 and 19x10. ET28 front ET35 rear. shaved and rolled the fender

·
Registered
384 Posts
I got 35 et all the way around... 8.5 front 9.5 rear widths... I would not go 10 in the back.. it is not worth the potential hassel I feel like... I would like to drop the car in the future but I dont know how sucessfull i will be with this due to my set up now, I am going to have to look into it for sure. My rears are SOOOOO Snug it made me nervous when I put them on - but - they JUST made it so its cool. I wouldnt wana chance 10's or have to put up with 10's in the rear... as it is the 9.5's hang a little wide looking in the back no need for the extra .5 inch of trouble heh

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey guys

quick question. So I put my rims on and noticed some squeeking sounds coming from the rear. I took it into the tire shop and the guy said that the aftermarket lugs are too long and are hitting the brakes!

He said he put the smallest ones he sells on mine (around 1inch) and I need to look for ones that are about 2/3 of an inch.

Anyone know if this is common and where i can find such lugs for the rear?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I got 35 et all the way around... 8.5 front 9.5 rear widths... I would not go 10 in the back.. it is not worth the potential hassel I feel like... I would like to drop the car in the future but I dont know how sucessfull i will be with this due to my set up now, I am going to have to look into it for sure. My rears are SOOOOO Snug it made me nervous when I put them on - but - they JUST made it so its cool. I wouldnt wana chance 10's or have to put up with 10's in the rear... as it is the 9.5's hang a little wide looking in the back no need for the extra .5 inch of trouble heh
19x8.5 ET35. you can't lower the car with coilover. lowering with springs will be fine.

9.5 and 10 doesn't matter that much. 0.5 inch is 12.5mm which only adds 6.25mm on both side of the lip. If you run the 265 tires the outer edge of the 265 is still wider than the 10" rear. 1 inch = 25.4mm, so 10 inch = 254mm. 265 tires = 260 to 265mm width usually.

rubbing issue is not caused by 9.5 or 10 inch rear width, but caused by different tires. some have slender side walls and some have square ones. they rub on the plastic tabs of the rear impact strip. you can shave those off easy.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
hey guys

quick question. So I put my rims on and noticed some squeeking sounds coming from the rear. I took it into the tire shop and the guy said that the aftermarket lugs are too long and are hitting the brakes!

He said he put the smallest ones he sells on mine (around 1inch) and I need to look for ones that are about 2/3 of an inch.

Anyone know if this is common and where i can find such lugs for the rear?
it is common and it's not a problem. you should be using aftermarket bolts with aftermarket wheels anyway. go to your local tuner shop and they can get'em for you.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts