Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine, located in the Boca Raton area of Florida is looking for a like new or new rim for a 2005 SLK350. The part number is A1714012202 and it is supposed to be on back order and is pricey from the dealership. Does anyone know of any good used sources or can offer any other ideas? Not sure if it is repairable, can anyone recommend a garage that may be able to inspect and repair? Thak you very much.

·
Registered
858 Posts
There are many mobile alloy wheel repair businesses. I was recently at a local dealer. There was a guy doing "paint-less" dent repair, another doing minor paint tough-ups, and a third doing alloy wheel repairs on the dealer lot. These guys travel from dealer to dealer. They work on trade-ins that the dealers don't wholesale. I spoke to each of these vendors, got their cards. Never know when you might need them. Depending on the damage to the alloy wheel, it might be repairable. As for a replacement, I wouldn't consider new when there are many factory wheels available on-line (eBay etc).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts