Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
You must live in a place that is totally flat and with no road imperfections. I tried to run 17s on my old C class and eneded up buying two sets of rims over a 3 year period.

Beyond that, those huge rims are very heavy and wear out your suspension.

·
Registered
2003 E500 Sport
144 Posts
Felix, I hear ya on the bent rims. I put some gorgeous 19's on my e500, but had to replace 2 of them within 6 months from road construction and pot holes. I bent one more and now I've got the stock ones back on. I have to disagree on the extra weight though. My 19's were lighter than the 17's that are on there stock.

JP, if the back spacing and offset are correct they will fit with no problems. I was running 275/30/19's on the rear and 245/35/19's on the front.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok yes i know im going to break them i live in ny with the worst roads everrr!!! but o well il look good for the summer lol im curious can i run the 19x8 with 245/35/19 all around??? please help want to buy tonight

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
Yes, you can run 245's all around if you use 19x8's all around... but then you might have rear tire slippage if you are a HOT foot; and that's why they use 275's on the rear.

If you drive a lot in NY, I would use the stock rims and the 19's for SHOW and special occasions.

If you buy the 19's, make sure the offset is correct!

Please post a pix of your car with it;s new Shoes.... Goodluck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
If you look at the W211 chart in the link I posted at the top of the thread... the Mercedes 10 twin spoke 18x 8.5 -38mm offset will take a 245/40-18 tire.

Therefore, a 19 x 8.5 - 38 mm offset will take a 245/35-19 size tire.

I think your E350 does not have staggered tires, meaning all four are identical.

So Yes, that should work, but then you will accept the fact that you may have to replace the rims in 6 months due to potholes? Also the ride will be harsher and noisier... Which rims are you planing to purchase?

I would put the burden of the rim clearance and fitment problems squarely on the vendor/dealer... so if something isn't right, he will have to make it right or give you back your money and put your old wheels back on without any charge!

Goodluck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
New wheels for my 2003 E500

I am putting new wheels on my E. They are 18x8,5 all around with 255- 40/18 Continentals. Will these fit without any issues on my car

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
18's are better choice for the NY streets... 8.5's are OK for the rear but not sure about the fronts since you also increased the width +10 mm. Remember the front tire will tilt at full turns and needs to clear the shock/struts ... also if the car is bouncing around it needs clearance too, if you make it too close, it will rub and shave/damage the inside sidewalls of the tires (no warranty here).

Make the vendor/ dealer promise you that there will be no fitment/clearance issues otherwise you are entitled to a full refund.

Oh yes, the 4-matic car must have four identical rim/tires ... cannot be staggered.

Please post here what you finally get so we can close this thread.

Goodluck ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
18's are better choice for the NY streets... 8.5's are OK for the rear but not sure about the fronts since you also increased the width +10 mm. Remember the front tire will tilt at full turns and needs to clear the shock/struts ... also if the car is bouncing around it needs clearance too, if you make it too close, it will rub and shave/damage the inside sidewalls of the tires (no warranty here).

Make the vendor/ dealer promise you that there will be no fitment/clearance issues otherwise you are entitled to a full refund.

Oh yes, the 4-matic car must have four identical rim/tires ... cannot be staggered.

Please post here what you finally get so we can close this thread.

Goodluck ! :thumbsup:
The Vendor claims there will be no rubbing issues whatsoever, so I did order the wheels and tires.
Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts