Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SL 500
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you guys can help me with my right outside mirror. For some reason the auto down function has stopped working . Any suggestions on how to fix it.

·
Registered
2003 SL500
14 Posts
Assume you know that the switch that selects the driver or passenger mirror for adjustment must be in the passenger position for the auto down function to work?

·
Registered
07 SL350, 14 BMW320, 05 SLK and 4.6 MGBV8
745 Posts
Apologies - I read the post too quickly and had auto-dim in my mind.
You are talking about the reversing aid, yes?
This is a programmable item - see Storing settings (memory) in your hand book which has a section in positioning the mirror first and storing it using the M button.

·
Registered
1995 SL 500 2017 AMG GLC 43
935 Posts
I was wondering if any of you guys can help me with my right outside mirror. For some reason the auto down function has stopped working . Any suggestions on how to fix it.
Did you recently have you vehicle serviced at a dealer? Did they do any firmware updates to the vehicle? If so, that's the problem and you are screwed getting the feature back. Same thing happened to me in March. My dealer tried everything humanly possible to restore the feature to no avail. Good luck...

·
Registered
07 SL350, 14 BMW320, 05 SLK and 4.6 MGBV8
745 Posts
Did you recently have you vehicle serviced at a dealer? Did they do any firmware updates to the vehicle? If so, that's the problem and you are screwed getting the feature back. Same thing happened to me in March. My dealer tried everything humanly possible to restore the feature to no avail. Good luck...
Then go to MB direct and complain. As I say, it is a factory programmable feature - see your handbook!

·
Registered
1995 SL 500 2017 AMG GLC 43
935 Posts
The feature was eliminated in late 05 hence the loss on firmware update. The features I gained in my COMAND far outweighed the loss of the mirror feature. Complaining is a waste of time.

·
Registered
JP W140, Germany Imported W140(Fully Optioned), R230 SL600, W464 G500, W210 E320 Wagon
229 Posts
There must be something wrong with mine then. I still have the feature...
you got lucky?? lol. just playing.

but on a more serious note, your car is in UK so might be different than the ones in US? i know that the Canadian GLK had a folding mirror while in US we dont get that function. so might be the region thingy...?? just throwing out random thoughts. :surrender:

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
216 with everything. 2002 SL500 with everything. 2009 SL500 with everything.
6,543 Posts
OK how to set the passenger mirror.

Reverse the car, and set the mirror as you reverse to where you would like it to be, press the memory button to release the memory, then press the number that you wish to use.

When reversing the button has to be down for that mirror to dip when reversing
Thats it folks

·
Registered
2004 SL 500 / 2006 SLK 280 / 2009 SL 63 AMG
78 Posts
Worked for me

Television's instructions worked perfectly for me. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts