Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes Benz E320
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I managed to get my hands on a WIS 2006 version (which was free), I was just going through the program and one thing that caught my eyes was this "topic" about checking the ride height control, I'm not talking about the shock absorbers but rather it stated something about adding/changing the oil.

can anyone shed some light on what this means ( i found the "topic" under suspension in the program)

I'm just trying to figure out how to use this program :p

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 E320 wagon
733 Posts
I know certainly that my 2001 wagon has self leveling shocks at the rear that run on pressurized hydraulic oil shared with the steering gear. I have changed the oil in the system along with both rear hydraulic accumulators and the filter in the oil tank just like the one in the picture.
cheers
barri

·
Registered
2005 W215 CL500
3,539 Posts
As above that will be for the estate cars. Though some cars will also have adaptive suspension.

But if you have an ordinary saloon, then you will have springs and shock absorbers at the rear, and nothing else.

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes Benz E320
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but does the 97' model have a self leveling suspension because I can't find anything that might say otherwise.

The reason I ask is because I just changed my shock absorbers, sway bar links and bushings (for the front) and noticed that when i go over a bump (not a speed bump) but kind of like a slope, the undercarriage of the car scrapes against floor when I''m traveling at around 38-40 mph.

I only say this because I never had this problem before I installed the shocks, links and bushings. any ideas???

·
Registered
2005 W215 CL500
3,539 Posts
It was an option...so your car could have it.

Are you sure your front springs are not broken. When mine were broken, the car hit the ground after every speed bump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts