Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1979 280 SLC, 1986 560SEC
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear enthusiasts, the driver's side of my '86 560SEC continues to sit about half an inch lower than the passenger side (measured front and back). I recently replaced the accumulators for the SLS but this has only made a minor difference.
I noticed on the EPC, however, that rubber buffers (or shims) are available for the front and rear springs in different sizes. Would it make sense to try to adjust the height by replacing the current buffers with thicker ones on the driver's side?
Greetings, Tempur

·
1991 500SEC 55K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 153K mi. 2020
5,386 Posts
"Would it make sense to try to adjust the height by replacing the current buffers with thicker ones on the driver's side?"

I have read on these pages in some cases that has been done in the past to 'fine tune' ride height.

M

·
Registered
Smoke Silver '87 560SEC, Black Pearl '87 560SEL
4,565 Posts
To take tires / tire pressures out of the equation, read the distance from the underside of the fender lip to the center of the wheel. About 13" is a nice ride height.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but the differential mount affects side to side ride height. How old is it?

To see if the problem is up front or in back, tell us the fender to wheel distances for each wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts