Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am running 700 miles now with my C300 sports.
I am still breaking in the engine. Since two days ago, I have noticed a change with my ride. It doesn't drive smooth as before and feel like it bounces a lot. I am planning to take the car to dealership tomorrow morning. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

-Tommy from Texas

·
Registered
109 Posts
The S / C button on your gearshift... maybe you changed it to C without knowing?

I think it's for the suspension settings... C for Comfort, S for Sport

·
Registered
2006 C280
196 Posts
Sorry, that has nothing to do with the suspension!

S allows the transmission to use all 7 gears, and holds upshifts a bit longer.
C starts the trans in second gear, and causes earlier upshifts.

American cars don't get any suspension adjustments, at least in the current cars.

Check your tire pressures, for starters.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Correct, C and S is for tranny only.

·
Registered
2008 C300 4Matic
109 Posts
Is this the same for canadian cars? can anyone confirm that it will not do anything to the susupension?

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Is this the same for canadian cars? can anyone confirm that it will not do anything to the susupension?
There might be some info in the owners manual regarding the use of the S/C settings and what they do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I experienced the same ... it was kind of like the parking brake was on sometimes while accelerating ...

1500 km later... now it runs as smooth as butter.. on C or S.

·
Registered
2006 C280
196 Posts
Firstly, the complaint was about ride quality - can't imagine what the transmission has to do with a choppy ride.

Second, the query came from Texas.

USA cars get no suspension adjustments in the '08 model year. A sudden change in ride quality almost always can be traced to tires and / or tire pressures.

Has there been a spike in air temps since you bought the car? - tire pressures go up or down about 1 psi for every 10 degree F change in ambient temps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you so much for so many response. Here in Texas, temperature is hitting 100F now that it is just starting to get hot. I have the AMG 18" wheels and all my wheels had close to 35-40PSI when I checked yesterday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts