Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the e-mail address of a dealer who can help with the parts, that you have previously shared with me, to get my USA 2001 model CLK so I can use my Nokia 61xx phone.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
See below ..

European dealers arent good at Email ...<br> <br> Try calling Steve in parts dept at Greenoaks in Slough, on +44 1753 554444<br> <br> My other favorite dealer is shutting down [MB UK are re-arranging all their dealers] at the end of the week, so not the best place to order from<br> <br> Cheers,<br> <br> Richard

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently US dealers can order European parts if you give them the part numbers ...

according to one of the other forums ..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is correct.

However, they charge an arm and a leg. For my MB Audio 10, my dealer was asking 900 bucks. Gaston at autoclass.net was asking 600. I would give them a call first, before talking to the dealer.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Richard, BigMac, I could not find the message you guys are refering to, but I would like to install a Nokia 6185 to work in my US C240 as well. Can you please update me as to what the issues are? Can it be done? Any pictures as to how it looks? Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't done it yet for the Nokia 6150. My dilemma is that USA MBZ dealers don't know if the system will work since US has 1900 mhz vs. 900/1800 mhz in Europe.<br> <br> The parts are available through the US MBZ dealer network if you provide them the part #'s. I just did that today & they gave me pricing of $550 on the 4 parts that Richard & Manfred of the Europe CLK club had posted. My dealer said it would take 2 weeks to get the parts. <br> <br> Will make a final go/no go decision on 12/30.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you please point to the original thread from Richard?

Thank you for the info, BigMac. I'm assuming those parts will integrate the Nokia with the rest of the car in the same way the Motorola that MB sells in the US. Will it even accomodate the voice control module?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
try: http://www.ibex.co.uk/mbstuff

That is the site that's on the bottom of the printout I made in Sep. Richard has a list of parts & how to convert a UK non-prewired car to the Nokia phone; which is the only phone available in Europe.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jules, Ive not tried the European kit with a US phone. [more]

If anyone wants to ship me an old US phone then I will try it [Im in UK] - I do have a Nokia 5190 somewhere, but its simlocked to Fido [canada] and I dont have the sim anymore so the phone doesnt work .. [anyone have a Fido sim ?] but the system does sucessfully turn the phone on ..<br> <br> The alternate is to spend the $550 and try it ;-) - however the bits are cheaper in Europe ..<br> <br> Its about time I wrote a web page about this and put it up with the other stuff ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts