Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Luke-

I like the look of the Rial Porto wheels on The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels and the site suggests the wheels are appropriate for the car, but the offset is dramatically different from the stock wheels.

The AMG 18" wheels that are available from Mercedes for the C300 and C350 W204 model are 8x18 front (50mm offset), and 8.5x18 rear (54mm offset). The Ronal Porto wheel is only available in 8" width (not in a staggered setup), and has only a 7 mm offset. Will these really fit and work properly on the C300?

In other threads you suggested that this much offset difference will not work, but if that is the case, why would TireRack recommend these wheels for this car?

Thanks.

Ned

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luke-

Thanks for the reply.

Well, it looks like the Rial Porto wheels would be a good fitment then. So my next (last?) question is whether you see any advantage in getting larger rear tires when the front and back wheels will be the same width. It would seem getting same size tires front and rear would be better because it would allow me to rotate them front to back for enhanced tread life.

What do you recommend?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts