Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Follow-up to ealier post:

You guys have been great!! I really appreciate all the feedback. I've noticed, though, that there are not a lot of wagons, (especially, E class wagons), in NJ where I live. However, there is a glut on the market of used ML class SUVs, that are priced lower than the E wagon. How does the ML compare to the E wagon in terms of service record, reliability, etc.? If I could impose for some more information, it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
When you have a good car why sell it, I have been looking for late model 140 and there are not that many out there, 220 are all over

·
Premium Member
2012 C300 Sport 4Matic and 2003 CLK430 Cabrio
1,919 Posts
I don't want to talk bad about the ML. But it is better than it use to be by a long way! Unless you are buying a new ML, get a used E or C wagon. Just my $0.02:)

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I have also noticed there are not many E320S (wagons) for sale on the pre-owned section of the MBUSA website (I have mainly looked within a 500 miles radius and that for me does not include NJ however). I think they simply don't sell as well as the E320 RWD or 4matics so not as many are imported.

The thing I have about the ML, despite that it is an SUV and those are not one of my preferences, is they are assembled in Alabama (as are the GL and R I think).

Give me a M-B made by German robots any day. ;)

·
Registered
E250 Bluetec Sprinter250 Bluetec
37,298 Posts
Let me repost from where the whole topic started originally.
Our ML320 in 8 years had only 1 MAF sensor failure and that was after it killed X5 with it's rear bumper.
The 99 wagon in 2 years of ownership would cost me $5000 in repairs have I taken it to the stealer.
Some people have better luck some times.
Still love the wagon ride over ML, especially harsh ride on ML55

·
Registered
Volvo 940GLE, GMC Suburban, Infiniti I30, Toyota Prius, VW GTI, MB SLK350, Lexus IS250
1,063 Posts
Musikmann said:

Give me a M-B made by German robots any day. ;)
Likely a GE/Fanuc robot made in Japan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts