Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I have a 2003 build W211 E240 and I am looking into installing a reversing sensor beeper of sorts. To do so I need an active link preferably the wire which runs to the reversing lights in the tail light assembly.
I would appreciate any advice as to whether this is safe, or dangerous, ie is it reasonably accessible, will a tap into this line upset the car computer, bulb checking or other electronics etc. Or as the battery is under the boot floor maybe it is possible to pick up a live source from around the fuse box etc. as a safer but lesser alternative.
THank you and regards
Barry C

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
You would not want it to be always active, not even always when switched power is active.

This device would most likely draw too much current from the reversing lights and would confuse the bulb checking feature.

Do you already have a set-up, why not consider the MB OEM parktronic. It is expensive and installing sensors and indicators asks for some work, perhaps you wanted to avoid that.

·
Registered
W211 - E240
5 Posts
You would not want it to be always active, not even always when switched power is active.

This device would most likely draw too much current from the reversing lights and would confuse the bulb checking feature.

Do you already have a set-up, why not consider the MB OEM parktronic. It is expensive and installing sensors and indicators asks for some work, perhaps you wanted to avoid that.
This is interesting. I would like to have one. How much would the MB OEM parktronic be? Any advice? Cheers

·
Registered
E 200 kompressor
316 Posts
Go to the plug for the tail lights and connect to the reverse light there , i think it is a grey / yellow wire , check frist with a multi meter or test light , but leave the light plugged in when checking because you wont get a reading if you unplug the light . It is OK to install parking sencors into the car , i have installed them in lots of 211 and i never had a prob . Use Scorpion or 3rd Eye kits

·
Registered
2004 E320 & E55 AMG
1,239 Posts
This is interesting. I would like to have one. How much would the MB OEM parktronic be? Any advice? Cheers
Ask Steve from MBenzNL.com. His (his sister's eMail address) is [email protected]

He makes several trips to the states from the Netherlands and puts it in if you want!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts