Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Unimog U1300L
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

where do I find the reverse switch on a U1300L to trigger the reversing camera?

Cheers
Andre

·
Registered
'91 427.110 '02 405.230
3,371 Posts
Upper part of gear box, driver side, if my memory serves me well.
I'll try to find some photos.

·
Registered
1986 Unimog U1300L
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks heaps,
hope you didn't pull out that gearbox just to take a picture :)

Cheers
Andre

·
Registered
U1300L
52 Posts
My back up camera has a wire that is near the camera. So the best place to look it up it’s actually right at the light itself.

Which backup camera are you implementing?

·
Registered
1981 Unimog U1300L - ex German Military
63 Posts
Here’s another photo for you with gearbox still attached.
I fitted a reversing switch to mine a few weeks ago - expensive little blighter for what it is.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1986 Unimog U1300L
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My back up camera has a wire that is near the camera. So the best place to look it up it’s actually right at the light itself.

Which backup camera are you implementing?
You are so right on...!

that's how I did it with my other 4 wheel drives, how did that slip my mind?

Thanks everyone

Cheers
Andre

·
Registered
1986 U1300L Expedition Camper
419 Posts
Agreed about the comments on adding a manual switch to power on/off the reversing camera. Having a camera to see behind you while driving can be very helpful, especially in town, etc. As a side note, this switch can also be connected to a reversing light to illuminate when the forward/reverse lever is in the reverse position.

·
Registered
1986 U1300L; 1976 U900 Cabriolet
334 Posts
On my BW Mog the wiring for the reverse switch was folded up, cable tied and tucked into the chassis. I needed the switch for the gearbox and to then find a power source to power the reversing light (mandatory for registration here in Oz).

I prefer the rear view monitor that switches on with my ignition and stays on without damaging the monitor. It has its own power switch so that I can switch it off at night. I've used this setup successfully https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safety-solutions/backup-camera-systems/wired-backup-camera-systems/backup-camera-system-rvs-770613-nm.html This one is 9-32v. I notice their new HD version is 12v +- 10%. Not so good on our military 24v trucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts