Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK230 Sport
106 Posts
Personally, I'd be very tempted, although I'd try to negotiate the price a bit more based on the fact that it'll be tough to sell if it's not running. But my main concern would be what the car looks like in person and whether I could determine just how much damage was done because of the reverse polarity.

SLKs are nice cars that are undervalued IMO (I have several cars so I'm not saying that just because I own an SLK) and most parts are still available from Mercedes at very reasonable prices. Because they're undervalued a lot of them are finding their way into the hands of people who don't take care of them, meaning nice examples are becoming more scarce every day. Although decent cars can still be had for reasonable money I'd be very tempted to take this one on if it were near me. I think there's a very good chance it could be repaired for under market value so my main concern would be that there are no other pressing issues and that I liked its color & specification.

Let us know how it all shakes out. I'm curious enough that I wish it were near me in case you pass on it.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts