Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Mercedes Benz C220
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Need some service advice. I have searched this forum for answers but I find that I can't find the exact answer to my problem. My reverse lights are not lit when I have the auto gear selected in ''R''. I check the fuses they are fine. I checked the bulbs & they are fine. The other issue could be the reverse light switch. Now if someone knows where exactly this is, or has a similair issue & what steps they did to resolve the issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Its also for safety as well so other people know that when i'm backing up, to get the hell out of the way & for cars that speed by in parking lots.

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG, 2006 E500 4MATIC Estate
692 Posts
I have the same issue; it apparently is the switch (located on the driver's side of tranny). I couldn't find it though. Use the search function and you'll find my post.

P.S. No, I didn't fix it yet; haven't gotten around to taking it to the shop.

·
Registered
95 Mercedes Benz C220
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn I noticed I did it twice in this forum with the psoting. You know I spoke to a service guy @ Mercedes Benz. He & urself were correct with the location of the reverse light switch. its bolted on the left side of the tranny. He said to follow the gear shifting lever to the transmission. To tell where this switch is, its something that you can press & has an electrical harness attached to it. if I had pics, I would love to show you and solve this mystery that many people have had. The switch is the size of your thumb but I would have to see this first to confirm. I 'm still trying to figure this out. if you have an answer or a write up for it, I would appreciate that.

The service guy told me , to be certain I would have to do a diagnostic first to see if that is the actual problem, but what else could cause this malfunction?

·
Registered
1995 C 36 AMG; 1992 W124 300E (M103 Ex Mosselman TT KIT) was 320hp @10psi now stock :(
164 Posts
i was also told that there is a controler located on the right side of the rear trunk, hidden by the battery. i have been told that this controler dies and with it goes the reverse lights

1 - 4 of 4 Posts