Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Benzworld Staff
Night Crew......2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
12,860 Posts
Do you have the little fold out paper that describes what each fuse controls ? ..and it's # and fuse rating..?

That's what I would look at first and pull a few fuses one at a time for the rear lighting and see..There can only be a couple of fuses to check..

· Outstanding Contributor
smart EQ W453 2020 sold A200 C169 2006
1,634 Posts
Primary - 70, secondary - 18.
You can also get power from positive wire to reverse bulb - don't forget to fit inline a capacitor (aka 12V filter) to prevent snowing and flickering.

PS Don't pull Primary fuse - it's the secondary one you need.

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry but where is 70 in this photo and do you know what type of fuse are they (micro, mini...?) for the 12v filter, should I use for receiver, transmitter or both? (transmitter will get power from reverse light and receiver from fuse box.

SM-P580 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

1,634 Posts

Not sure why you want to use fuse tap for this, and you might not even have fuse 18 (depends on transmission - I don't for example - 722.8 CVT so it's done via SAM). For 711.6 and 716.5 it's an old-fashioned switch & fuse job.

I would probably leave receiver powered on circuit 15, and hook the transmitter to the reverse light.
Personally, I wouldn't fit a wireless cam - too many possible signal interruptions, etc.

These files should help :)

Attachments

1,634 Posts
It's not that complicated - just a bit of patience and a few plastic trim removal tools ...
If however, you're going for the wireless, try it first, with engine running, lights and wipers, radio, etc, etc to see if there's any interference.

· Registered
37 Posts
It's not that complicated - just a bit of patience and a few plastic trim removal tools ...
If however, you're going for the wireless, try it first, with engine running, lights and wipers, radio, etc, etc to see if there's any interference.
I'm trying to hook up my camera for Mercedes Benz gl450 what number is the reverse light do you have a video how to install reverse camera

1,634 Posts
Sorry - don't have a video and unfortunately have neither experience, nor knowledge of GL ...
The advice above about power source for the cam and, if required, a noise filter is more or less universal though.

1,634 Posts
I'm afraid I have no idea - I only dealt with retrofitted cams on a much simple models, with no factory option.
Perhaps it would be better to ask your question in either Audio & Telematics or in X164 GL-Class forum?

· Benzworld Staff
Night Crew......2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
12,860 Posts
Welcome xmanondo..This is the B Class forum and all is not the same between models and/or years.

Try your question here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts