Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK430 Cabriolet
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a Garmin backup camera in my 2001 CLK 430 right side backup circuit... and have run into an issue with wire colors. The only reference I could find identifies the backup light wire as yellow or yellow/white. I have neither. I have BROWN (ground), red/gray, green/black/pink/white, purple/black... any help?:frown

·
Registered
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
370 Posts
Using the E3 assembly as example, it has two separate circuit connectors (e.g. there are 5 wires associated with connector 1 and only 2 wires with connector 2).

The pair of e3 reverse lamp wires are German color coded as gr/ge (which would be Gray/Yellow) and br (with would be brown). Note: Brown wires are always connected to ground.

·
Registered
2001 CLK430 Cabriolet
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm baffled... I guess the only solution is to stick the multimeter in the connector and see what gets juice... I definitely don't have a grey/yellow option. When I figure it out I'll post the solution! Thanks for taking the time to look for an answer!

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
370 Posts
I'm baffled... I guess the only solution is to stick the multimeter in the connector and see what gets juice... I definitely don't have a grey/yellow option. When I figure it out I'll post the solution! Thanks for taking the time to look for an answer!
You need to be very careful when reading the electrical diagram information.

The picture you posted only shows the 5 wire connector (e.g. section 1) in your E4 right taillamp.

When I re-ordered the pin numbers, as shown in electrical diagram, to the same left to right orientation in your picture, I realized that it was for your right taillamp, which has different color coding than the E3 left taillamp, that as an example, I mentioned in post #4.

Specifically.......

1. None of the wiring in your picture applies to the E4e3 reverse lamp.

2. As shown in the electrical diagram, you'll find the E4e3 lamp connections in a connector (e.g. section 2), which should have a brown (i.e. ground) and yellow/white ( i.e. hot) wires.

Attachments

·
Registered
W123 1985 T-model M110
28 Posts
Using the E3 assembly as example, it has two separate circuit connectors (e.g. there are 5 wires associated with connector 1 and only 2 wires with connector 2).

The pair of e3 reverse lamp wires are German color coded as gr/ge (which would be Gray/Yellow) and br (with would be brown). Note: Brown wires are always connected to ground.
Brown may be a CAN-B in the interior wiring, and at transmission selector switch w210 sometimes power 12v of backup switch is brown.
Not always but often brown is a ground.

Отправлено с моего GM 5 Plus через Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts