Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, I just returned to the MB family after an absence of a few years. I had a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 that was close to getting me arrested...I couldn't control my speed tendencies, so I sold that and purchased a fairly clean 1999 SLK 230. I used to have a Porsche Boxster and thought about another, but I wanted something that was a little more laid back and drove differently. And, so far I think I have made the right choice. I am getting 31 MPG on the highway, and about 26 MPG in town and the hardtop is really nice for ride quality.

The only drawbacks so far are the services that i have had to perform since the previous owner became lazy after a while. I also was very disappointed that the local dealer failed to balance the tires correctly and failed to align it properly...very expensive work to be done improperly. I just hope the technician did the transmission service correctly. So, if anyone knows of a quality MB service tech in Central Washington State, I would love to hear about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts