Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys new to this forum, but have a huge obsession for mercedes owned numerous ones over the years, I currently own a 98 s320 lwb and a 03 w211 but my s320 is my baby, anyways I found some fog lights from a 93 sl500, I was thinking on retrofitting to a factory w140 bumper the curves on the end of the fog lights seem perfect for the very end of the bumper grill section close by the tow hook covers where it will look nearly like a stock look, what do y'all think?

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,599 Posts
If they look like this then you are good to go . All you need to do is make the Brackets so Bumper has to come of & the wiring which is easy (for me anyway) .
s-l1600kk.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If they look like this then you are good to go . All you need to do is make the Brackets so Bumper has to come of & the wiring which is easy (for me anyway) .
View attachment 2617630 View attachment 2617630
If I'm not mistaking are them fog lights off the r129 amg style bumper if so on ebay there going for quite a bit, the ones I'm going with are the ones from the 90-95 earlier standard style r129 foglights before the face lift from 96-02, but the back of the foglights look very bulky they haven't arrived yet but for what I paid ($40) for there worth a shot, do you think I'll run into any issues?

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,599 Posts
These wouldn't fit onto my 600SEL due to the Oil cooler radiators just behind were the bracket needs to be added plus the Horns are already there .
I dont think an S320 has any Oil coolers there ,the Horns can be moved so you should be good to go .
Just cut the bumpers inserts perfectly on each side were the lights fit into .
You are determined to fit these so any obstacle you find in the way wont be an issue .
Nice purschase btw .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
These wouldn't fit onto my 600SEL due to the Oil cooler radiators just behind were the bracket needs to be added plus the Horns are already there .
I dont think an S320 has any Oil coolers there ,the Horns can be moved so you should be good to go .
Just cut the bumpers inserts perfectly on each side were the lights fit into .
You are determined to fit these so any obstacle you find in the way wont be an issue .
Nice purschase btw .
Thanks! Ya I looked I don't think the oil cooler lines will be a big problem the horns on other hand may but definitely very possible maybe a little modification/adjustment to that no biggie, ya I'm going to have my body shop I use to precisely make the right cut out so it sits in just perfect to make it look as factory as possible, and thanks I got luck on em and just had an idea 1 day that it sure would look cool to have fog lights but didn't want some aftermarket ones that didnt really fit the lines that's why I started going through which different mercedes models would be ideal almost went with some w210 fog lights but the r129 that style seemed the perfect fit since they arch perfectly at the end of the bumper grill vents, if I'm not mistaking they look like the same as the earlier w140 coupe foglights as well as the w124 500e foglights as well.

·
M20
4,818 Posts
Ive seen people retrofit regular hella lamps and at a distance it did catch my eye but up close it wasnt that well done. Ive been thinking of this exact foglamps for my w201 years ago but never got around to it. theres comfort in knowing youre using an oem part

Post pics when you get it done

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive seen people retrofit regular hella lamps and at a distance it did catch my eye but up close it wasnt that well done. Ive been thinking of this exact foglamps for my w201 years ago but never got around to it. theres comfort in knowing youre using an oem part

Post pics when you get it done
Ya I seen another post on here I believe a while back which I believe the guy retrofitted a hella style fog light and that to didnt look very appealing rather tacky I didnt want to compromise mine with some cheap aftermarket crap, but he probably didnt put to much thought in it, I always thought it look awesome to attach some foglights to a factory w140 bumper, I thought about getting a duraflex lorinser style bumper but the foglights aren't included and to find/buy the OEM lorinser fogs are rare but expensive, and ya I got the r129 fog lights in and the light is perfect size on the bumper grill, so now I just got to get my body man to install them I'll post some pics when its finished.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts