Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, maybe you can help me out.

I won an auction a few weeks back on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7970330381&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT for this oem phone kit and VRM for my w208 and yesterday i pulled everything out and checked to see how hard it would be to install it. Heres my observations and if you could offer any advise or tips that would be greatly appreciated:

1> I hooked up the 25 pole D connector from the telephone Y cable to the vehicle harness no problem.

2> I hooked up the 15 pole D connector from the vehicle harness to the VRM no problem.

3> I hooked the UHF connector from the front center console to the linear compensator RF jack labeled Portable no problem.

4> I hooked up the remaining RF lead from the integrated bumper antenna to the linear compensator RF jack labeled Antenna no problem.

5> After looking around and cutting some wire tires I realized that the fiber optic cables I needed were in the wrap on the passenger side and in the center under the trunk liner. There was (1) one orange loop fiber optic cable that had (1) one connector with a green cap and labeled "TEL IN" and "TEL OUT". Also there was (1) one orange loop fiber optic cable that had (2) two connectors with green caps and with one labeled "TEL IN" and one labeled "SBS".

My question is do I just use the one with the two connectors and connect the "TEL IN" to the PSE and the "SBS" to the VRM? Is the other cable with one connector just to remain capped off? And do i acutally have to take the loop apart and connect it to the cd changer fiber optic to make this "ring"?

6> No poblems removing the stalk plug and replacing with the stalk.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok i found some bulletins that are really starting to make more sense to me. the loop for my car i think is supposed to look like this:

comand > cd changer > phone > vcm > comand

two quick questions:

1> im at work right now and cant look but i am assuming my stock loop looks like this:

comand > cd changer > comand

i should be able to loop everything (comand, cd changer, phone and vcm) without removing the comand, no?

2> what about teleaid? isnt that supposed to be in my loop also? do i configure the loop like this:

comand > cd changer > teleaid > phone > vcm > comand

·
Registered
2004 CLK 500
94 Posts
Go here http://home.earthlink.net/~phdwebsite/phone_bulletins.htm
and select the bulletin for your car. It should answer all your questions.

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i had seen that but there was a bulletin missing from there that i needed for the fiber optic cabling. i wound up finding on some random site and the install went smooth and its working 100%

1 - 5 of 5 Posts